Welcome to Raytown Central Middle School
Raytown Central Middle School has been a well-used building, serving many purposes throughout its existence. First opened as Raytown Junior High in 1955, it housed 7th and 8th graders. The following year 6th graders were added. Later it was used for 7th-9th graders. Still later, 9th graders from Raytown High attended school there during times of construction and overcrowding. Some time later it was used to house Early Childhood programs, testing and training facilities, and the district's Business Office. Renovated and upgraded in 2006, the school is now open as the district's third middle school.